BYU Sports Camps counselors needed
PROVO, Utah — With the return of BYU Sports Camps this summer, BYU is in need of counselors to help staff the events.
Counselors have the opportunity to work with youth from all over the country to have a positive effect on their lives.
BYU Sports Camps is looking for individuals who are sociable, responsible and like to work with youth. No athletic experience is required, as counselors interact with the participants when they are not at their sports practices. The counselor position is not a coaching position.
For each week worked, counselors will be assigned a group of participants with whom they will supervise and interact with during the evening activities. Evening activities include ice cream parties, dances, movie nights, talent shows and field games. Counselors will also hold a nightly devotional with participants and conduct a head count each morning and evening.
- Weekly Pay - $345 per week, plus the option of earning additional pay for those who choose to work during lunch hours.
- Housing for the duration of their camp (housing not provided on the weekends).
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the duration of their camp.
- Monday Morning Registration (about 1.5 hours)
- Mandatory Daily Staff Meeting: 3 p.m.
- Assignment: 3:30 p.m. to 9 a.m. (Required to stay the night in the dorms.)
- Counselors are free everyday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Background Check
- Note: If a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, applicant must be temple worthy.