BYU Athletics enhances external groups’ structure heading into the Big 12
PROVO, Utah — As BYU Athletics continues to prepare organizationally for the demands of joining the Big 12 Conference on July 1, it is focused on articulating and building the BYU brand on bigger stages than ever before.
Multiple personnel changes have been finalized within BYU Athletics’ external groups over the past few months to help tell the BYU story in an important time and landscape.
As previously announced, David Almodova was promoted to a senior associate athletic director role, overseeing external operations. Reporting to Almodova are Associate Athletic Director for Creative Strategy Tyson Hutchins, Director of Marketing/Fan Experience Anna Metcalf and Associate Athletic Director for Communications and Media Strategy Jon McBride.
Duff Tittle, Brett Pyne, Dave Broberg and Stuart Call were promoted to assistant athletic director roles. Kenny Cox, Tyson Jex, Anna Metcalf, Shauna Howell, Preston Crawley and Brandon Despain were promoted to director roles.
“I’m really excited about the external family we have put together,” Almodova said. “Extremely grateful to our Athletic Director Tom Holmoe for his guidance and leadership to enhance this area of the department. We have an amazing group of young, mid-level and veteran professionals to support our athletic programs. This group helps connect BYU Athletics with Cougar Nation by sharing the stories of our incredible student-athletes and coaches through our broadcast partners, media and digital platforms and all the connection points we have with external audiences, while enhancing the fan experience on game day within our venues.”
Below is an outline of how each external area in BYU Athletics is currently staffed with full-time employees, including 13 new employees hired in the past year.
Along with full-time employees, more than 50 total student-employees and other part time employees work in these groups and are essential in contributing to the work of BYU Athletics.
Jon McBride - Associate Athletic Director for Communications and Media Strategy
- Duff Tittle - Senior Assistant Athletic Director for Broadcast Relations
- Brett Pyne - Assistant Athletic Director for Football Strategic Communications
- Kenny Cox - Director of Football Media Relations and Communications
- Tyson Jex - Director of Men’s Basketball Communications
- Brenna Seeman - Communications Specialist
- Cameron Muh - Communications Specialist
- Austin Rustand - Communications Specialist
Marketing / Fan Experience
Anna Metcalf - Director of Marketing/Fan Experience
- Joel Marion - Manager of Fan Experience and Marketing, Men’s Basketball and Marketing Analytics
- Katelyn Williams - Fan Experience Coordinator
- Cameron Call - Fan Experience Coordinator
Tyson Hutchins - Associate Athletic Director for Creative Solutions
Design & Branding
- Dave Broberg - Assistant Athletic Director for Design & Branding
- Shauna Howell - Creative Director
- Tyler Bulloch - Football Recruiting Design Coordinator
- Jacob Gibb - Creative Designer
- Jacob Gonzales - Creative Designer
Social & Content Strategy
- Stuart Call - Assistant Athletic Director for Social & Digital Strategy
- Emma Goetsch - Creative Content & Social Media Strategist
- Preston Crawley - Director of Creative Video
- Madi Allphin - Creative Content Specialist
- Anna Brower - Creative Content Specialist
- Kade Carroll - Creative Content Specialist
- Coy Johnson - Creative Content Specialist
Video Services & Technology
- Brandon Despain - Senior Director of Video Services & Technology
BYU claims 10th consecutive WCC Commissioner's Cup in final season of conference competition
In its final year of competition in the conference, BYU Athletics has received the 2022-23 West Coast Conference…
BYU Athletics 2023 summer events
It's going to be a BIG summer for BYU Athletics, and we want you right along with us to celebrate a new era of our…