BYU basketball will look to remain perfect at home Saturday when the Cougars host Belmont at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, KSL NewsRadio 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
- BYU is off to a strong start defensively, limiting teams to 61.0 points per game and 31.3 percent shooting from the field. Opponents have shot 26.4, 31.0, 27.7 and 40.6 percent from the field in the first four games.
- The Cougars have had two players emerge over the last few games. Nick Emery is averaging 19.0 points, 6.5 assists and 2.5 steals over the last two games. He made his first career start vs. MVSU. Corbin Kaufusi has averaged team-bests 14.3 points on 73.1 percent shooting and 3.7 blocks over the last three games.
- Coach Dave Rose is BYU’s all-time leader in winning percentage at 74.5 percent and second in career wins at 260. He has led the Cougars to 10-straight 20-win seasons and 10-straight postseason appearances, including eight NCAA tournament appearances during that stretch.
BYU Cougars (3-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 260-89 (11th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Belmont Bruins (4-2, 0-0 Ohio Valley)
- Head Coach: Rick Byrd
- Alma Mater: Tennessee, 1976
- Division I Career Record: 715-369 (35th year)
- Record at Belmont: 623-314 (30th year)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: First meeting
- Last Meeting: First meeting
- H/A/N: 0-0/0-0/0-0