After posting a 9-4 record during the nonconference season, BYU basketball will open West Coast Conference play at Saint Mary's Thursday at 8 p.m. PST in McKeon Pavilion. The game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, KSL NewsRadio 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
- Chase Fischer had the best two-game stretch of his career at the Diamond Head Classic, scoring a career-best 41 points against New Mexico and following that up with 26 against Northern Iowa. In those two games, Fischer shot 19 of 35 from the field, 13 of 25 from 3 and 16 of 17 from the free throw line.
- Kyle Collinsworth posted his eighth career triple-double with 12 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists vs. Central Michigan. He is the NCAA’s career (8) and single-season (6 in 2014-15) triple-double record holder.
- Coach Dave Rose is BYU’s all-time leader in winning percentage at 74.3 percent and second in career wins at 266. He has led the Cougars to 10-straight 20-win seasons and 10-straight postseason appearances, including eight NCAA tournament appearances during that stretch.
BYU Cougars (9-4, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 266-92 (11th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Saint Mary's Gaels (11-1, 2-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Division I Career Record: 314-146 (14th)
- Record at Saint Mary's: Same
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play), Corey Williams (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 11-7
- Last Meeting: BYU won 82-60, 2/12/15
- H/A/N: 8-3/2-4/1-0