After winning back-to-back home games, BYU basketball heads west to take on San Diego in a WCC matchup Saturday at 7 p.m. PST in Jenny Craig Pavilion. Saturday's game will be televised live on ROOT Rocky Mountain and Spectrum SportsNet and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
Following back-to-back home wins, the Cougars hit the road to play at San Diego on Saturday. Last season, BYU swept the Toreros with a tightly contested 69-67 win in San Diego and a 91-33 blowout victory at home. The Cougars have won three straight and five of six against the Toreros.
Eric Mika posted his fourth-straight double-double and 10th of the season with a career night against San Francisco. The sophomore scored a career-high 31 points on 12 of 17 shooting from the field and 7 of 8 from the free-throw line. He added 12 boards, three assists, two blocks and one steal.
Elijah Bryant has averaged 14.0 points while shooting 50.0 percent from the field and 50.0 percent from 3 in his first three games since returning from a knee injury.
BYU Cougars (13-5, 4-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 296-104 (12th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Diego Toreros (8-9, 1-4 WCC)
- Head Coach: Lamont Smith
- Alma Mater: San Diego, 1998
- Career Record: 17-30 (2nd)
- Record at San Diego: Same
- TV: ROOT Rocky Mountain, Spectrum SportsNet
- TV Talent: Dan Hellie (play-by-play), Doug Christie (analyst)
- Live Video: TheW.tv (out of market)
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM, BYU Radio, Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 11-3
Last Meeting: BYU won 91-33, 2/20/16
BYU men’s basketball (20-7, 10-3 WCC) was defeated by UCLA (19-9, 13-6 Pac-12), 73-62, in the First Round of the NCAA…
The following notes are from BYU's 73-62 loss to UCLA on Saturday, March 20, 2021, at Hinkle Fieldhouse.s
BYU men’s basketball will face UCLA (18-9, 13-6) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at the Hinkle Fieldhouse in…
BYU senior guard Alex Barcello was named one of 42 players nationwide to receive the honorable mention honors on…