BYU basketball will host UT Arlington in the Marriott Center in the first round of the 2017 NIT Wednesday at 9 p.m. MDT. Monday's game will be televised live on ESPN2 and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
BYU received an at-large bid to the NIT for the second-straight season. The Cougars are a No. 3 seed and will host No. 6 seed UT Arlington, the Sun Belt Conference regular season champion. This is the second meeting all-time between the two schools.
As a No. 2 seed last season, the Cougars advanced to the semifinals of the NIT in Madison Square Garden. BYU defeated No. 7 seed UAB 97-79, No. 3 seed Virginia Tech 80-77 and No. 4 seed Creighton 88-82. All three games were in the Marriott Center.
Eric Mika has collected several postseason awards, including All-WCC First Team, USBWA District VIII Player of the Year and CoSIDA Academic All-America Second Team.
BYU Cougars (22-11, 12-6 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 305-110 (12th)
- Record at BYU: Same
UT Arlington Mavericks (25-8, 14-4 Sun Belt)
- Head Coach: Scott Cross
- Alma Mater: UT Arlington, 1998
- Career Record: 202-147 (11th)
- Record at UT Arlington: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Eric Rothman (play-by-play), Corey Williams (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM, BYU Radio, Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 1-0
Last Meeting: BYU won 87-70, 12/9/88
BYU men’s basketball (20-7, 10-3 WCC) was defeated by UCLA (19-9, 13-6 Pac-12), 73-62, in the First Round of the NCAA…
The following notes are from BYU's 73-62 loss to UCLA on Saturday, March 20, 2021, at Hinkle Fieldhouse.s
BYU men’s basketball will face UCLA (18-9, 13-6) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at the Hinkle Fieldhouse in…
BYU senior guard Alex Barcello was named one of 42 players nationwide to receive the honorable mention honors on…