Cougars look to bounce back vs. Niagara
BYU basketball will look to get back in the win column when the Cougars host Niagara Tuesday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center as part of the Barclays Center Classic. Tuesday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Sophomore Dalton Nixon had his best game in a Cougar uniform against UT Arlington, post career highs of 15 points and eight rebounds while adding one assist and one steal. Nixon hit 5 of 6 from the field and 5 of 6 from the free-throw line.
TJ Haws and Zac Seljaas are riding streaks of consecutive games with a 3-point field goal, both dating back to their freshman seasons. Haws has hit a 3 in 19-straight games, the 10th-longest streak in BYU history. Seljaas had drained a trey in 13-straight games.
BYU has shot 89.8 percent from the free-throw line the last two games, including 92.6 percent (25-27) at Princeton and 86.4 percent (19-22) vs. UT Arlington.
BYU Cougars (2-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 307-112 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Niagara Purple Eagles (1-2, 0-0 MAAC)
- Head Coach: Chris Casey
- Alma Mater: Western Conn. State, 1986
- Career Record: 122-169 (12th)
- Record at Niagara: 33-98 (5th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 5-2
Last Meeting: BYU won 65-62, 11/11/76
BYU men’s basketball heads to Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, December 10, to face No. 21 Creighton at the Jack Jones…
The following notes and quotes are from BYU men’s basketball's 75-60 loss Wednesday evening against Utah Valley at the…