BYU basketball will play Alabama in the Barclays Center Classic Friday at 2:30 p.m. EST in the Steinberg Wellness Center on the campus of LIU-Brooklyn. A live video broadcast of the game will be available via Stadium College Basketball on Facebook. The game will also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Junior guard Elijah Bryant posted 22 points against Niagara for his third 20-point game of the season. Bryant hit a career-best 13 of 14 from the free-throw line. In the last three games, the Gwinnett, Georgia, native has hit a combined 30 of 33 from the line.
TJ Haws and Zac Seljaas are riding streaks of consecutive games with a 3-point field goal, both dating back to their freshman seasons. Haws has hit a 3 in 20-straight games, tied for the ninth-longest streak in BYU history. Seljaas had drained a trey in 14-straight games.
BYU and Alabama are playing at LIU-Brooklyn Friday as part of the Barclays Center Classic. The Cougars last played in Brooklyn in 2012 in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic against Florida State and Notre Dame.
BYU Cougars (3-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 308-112 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Alabama Roll Tide (4-0, 0-0 SEC)
- Head Coach: Avery Johnson
- Alma Mater: Southern, 1988
- Career Record: 41-30 (3rd)
- Record at Alabama: Same
- TV: Stadium College Basketball (online)
- TV Talent: Chris Hassel (play-by-play, Tim Doyle (analyst), Kristen Balboni (courtside)
- Live Video: Stadium College Basketball
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: Alabama leads 1-0
Last Meeting: Alabama won 77-74, 12/30/57