BYU basketball returns to the state of Utah to play at Utah Valley in the UCCU Crosstown Clash Wednesday at 7 p.m. MST in the UCCU Center. A live video broadcast of the game will be available via Stadium College Basketball on Facebook. Wednesday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Sophomore forward Yoeli Childs had one of his best weeks as a Cougar as he averaged 20.3 points, 9.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 2.3 blocks against Niagara, Alabama and UMass. He shot 54.2 percent for the week, had a pair of double-doubles and had the game-winning dunk in the final seconds against UMass.
Sophomores Jahshire Hardnett and Payton Dastrup came up big in BYU’s come-from-behind win against UMass. Hardnett had a career-best 10 points and assisted the game-winning basket while Dastrup played a season-best 11 minutes and contributed four points, five rebounds, two assists, two blocks and one steal.
BYU held a pair of high-scoring guards well below their averages last week in Brooklyn. The Cougars held Alabama’s Collin Sexton (was averaging 25.3) to 10 points and UMass’s Luwane Pipkins (21.4) to nine points.
BYU Cougars (4-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 309-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Utah Valley Wolverines (4-2, 0-0 WAC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Career Record: 33-37 (3rd)
- Record at Utah Valley: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 2-1
Last Meeting: UVU won 114-101, 11/26/16