After four-straight games away from the Marriott Center, BYU basketball will host Illinois State in the Marriott Center Wednesday at 7 p.m. MST. Wednesday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
BYU is 3-0 in true road games to start the season for the first time since 2014-15 and for the fourth time during the Dave Rose era. The 2008-09 Cougars started 3-0 in true road games while the 2014-15 squad started 5-0 and the 2010-11 team started 6-0.
After a solid debut in BYU’s win at Utah Valley, junior McKay Cannon helped lead the Cougars to a 75-66 win at Utah State with a career-high 17 points. In his final 11 games at Weber State last season, Cannon totaled 20 points. He has scored 25 in his first two games with the Cougars.
BYU shot 85.7 percent (24-28) from the free-throw line at Utah State, its third-straight game and fifth game this season shooting 80.0-plus percent from the line. BYU hit a season-best 92.6 percent (25-27) at Princeton.
BYU Cougars (6-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 311-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Illinois State Redbirds (4-4, 0-0 MVC)
- Head Coach: Dan Muller
- Alma Mater: Illinois State, 1998
- Career Record: 108-69 (6th)
- Record at Illinois State: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: First meeting
Last Meeting: First meeting