In the inaugural Zion's Bank Beehive Classic, BYU basketball will take on Weber State Saturday at 8 p.m. MST in Vivint Smart Home Arena. Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
BYU and Weber State are playing in Vivint Smart Home Arena for the second time in the history of the series. This season’s meeting is part of the inaugural Beehive Classic.
Elijah Bryant had one of his best games as a Cougar Wednesday night against Illinois State. He hit 6 of 11 from the field for 17 points and added nine rebounds, nine assists, one block and three steals. The nine assists are a career high and the nine rebounds and three steals tied career highs.
BYU has held its last two opponents to sub 30-percent shooting in the first half. Utah State shot 27.6 percent in the first half and Illinois State hit just 23.3 percent.
BYU Cougars (7-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 312-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Weber State Wildcats (4-4, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Head Coach: Randy Rahe
- Alma Mater: Buena Vista, 1982
- Career Record: 232-131 (12th year)
- Record at Weber State: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Steve Cleveland (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 32-10
Last Meeting: BYU won 77-66, 12/7/16