BYU basketball will put its six-game winning streak on the line when the Cougars host Idaho State Thursday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. Thursday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Junior guard Elijah Bryant was named the WCC Player of the Week after leading the Cougars to a 77-65 win over Utah. Bryant scored a season-best 29 points and tied his career high with nine rebounds while adding four assists, one block and three steals. He hit 5 of 7 from downtown and 8 of 8 from the free-throw line.
BYU has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in three-straight games and four of its last five, including 53.6 percent at Utah Valley, 53.4 vs. Illinois State, 53.2 vs. Weber State and 51.9 vs. Utah.
BYU has held its opponent to below 70 points in six-straight games. The last time BYU held six-straight teams to fewer than 70 points was during the 2008-09 season. That same team also had a streak of holding nine-straight opponents below 70 points.
BYU Cougars (9-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 314-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Idaho State Bengals (4-5, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Head Coach: Bill Evans
- Alma Mater: Southern Utah, 1972
- Career Record: 253-332 (21st)
- Record at Idaho State: 50-111 (6th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 33-6
Last Meeting: BYU won 84-58, 12/20/16