BYU basketball will play its final nonconference Saturday when the Cougars host Texas Southern at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Payton Dastrup had his best game as a Cougar in BYU’s win vs. Idaho State, hitting 5 of 5 from the field and 2 of 2 from downtown for a career-best 14 points. For the season, he is shooting 76.2 percent from the field and 66.7 percent from 3-point range.
BYU has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in four-straight games and five of its last six, including 53.6 percent at Utah Valley, 53.4 vs. Illinois State, 53.2 vs. Weber State, 51.9 vs. Utah and 58.3 vs. Idaho State. The last time BYU shot 50 percent in four-straight games was during the 2015-16 season (Dec. 18 to 25, 2015).
BYU has won seven-straight games, its longest winning streak since the Cougars won eight-straight at the end of the 2014-15 season.
BYU Cougars (10-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 315-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Texas Southern Tigers (0-12, 0-0 SWAC)
- Head Coach: Mike Davis
- Alma Mater: Alabama, 1983
- Career Record: 336-233 (18th)
- Record at Texas Southern: 99-81 (6th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 1-0
Last Meeting: BYU won 76-61, 12/10/99