Coming off a 69-45 win over Portland, BYU basketball will host Saint Mary's Saturday at 2 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. The Cougars have won nine-straight games while the Gaels have won their last seven.
Saturday's game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
In the WCC opener against Portland, Elijah Bryant and Yoeli Childs each had double-doubles. Bryant scored 22 points on 10 of 16 shooting while securing a career-best 15 rebounds while Childs scored a career-best 26 points on 9 of 15 shooting and added a season-best 13 rebounds. It was the first time this season two Cougars had double-doubles in the same game.
BYU has won nine-straight games, its longest winning streak since 2010-11 when the Cougars had a pair of 10-game winning streaks.
BYU finished the Portland game shooting 50.0 percent from the field, the fifth time in the last sixth games and eighth game overall this season shooting 50.0 percent or better.
BYU Cougars (12-2, 1-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 317-113 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Saint Mary's Gaels (12-2, 1-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Career Record: 377-160 (16th)
- Record at Saint Mary's: Same
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Eric Rothman (play-by-play), Adrian Branch (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 12-11
Last Meeting: Saint Mary's won 81-50, 3/6/17