BYU's first road trip of the West Coast Conference season begins with a meeting with San Francisco Thursday night at 8 p.m. PST at War Memorial at the Sobrato Center.
Thursday's game will be televised live on AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, NBC Sports California and Spectrum SportsNet and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
Sophomore forward Yoeli Childs had one of his best weeks as a Cougar in the opening weekend of West Coast Conference action as he averaged 27.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game against Portland and Saint Mary’s. In the Portland win he set a career high with 26 points. He reset that career high two nights later with 29 points against Saint Mary’s.
BYU is 12-1 against San Francisco since the Cougars joined the WCC in 2011. The Cougars have won nine-straight overall against the Dons and six-straight in San Francisco.
BYU has played some of its best basketball away from home this season as the Cougars are 5-1 in away and neutral games. BYU is 3-0 in true road games with wins at Princeton, at Utah Valley and at Utah State.
BYU Cougars (12-3, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 317-114 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Francisco Dons (9-6, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Kyle Smith
- Alma Mater: Hamilton, 1992
- Career Record: 130-101 (8th)
- Record at San Francisco: 29-19 (2nd)
- TV: AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, NBC Sports California, Spectrum SportsNet
- TV Talent: Barry Tompkins (play-by-play), Dan Belluomini (analyst)
- Live Video: TheW.tv (out of market)
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 17-6
- Last Meeting: BYU won 68-52, 2/11/17
- Home/Away/Neutral: 8-1/6-4/3-1