After sweeping a pair of league games last week, BYU will host West Coast Conference foe Loyola Marymount Thursday in the Marriott Center at 9 p.m. MST.
Thursday's game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs was named the WCC Player of the Week for Jan. 15, 2018, after leading BYU to a pair of wins against Pepperdine (83-63) and at Santa Clara (84-50). Childs averaged 21.5 points, 12.5 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.5 steals for the week and shot 63.0 percent (17 of 27).
- Dating back to 2014, the Cougars have won nine-consecutive games against Loyola Marymount.
- BYU shot 79.2 percent (19 of 24) from the field in the first half at Santa Clara, helping the Cougars earn a 46-28 lead at the break. It was BYU’s best shooting half since Feb. 23, 2004, when the Cougars hit 82.4 percent (14 of 17) from the field in the second half at home against Air Force. BYU trailed 26-23 at the half in that game and went on to win 67-61.
BYU Cougars (15-4, 4-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 320-115 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Loyola Marymount Lions (6-11, 1-5 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mike Dunlap
- Alma Mater: Loyola Marymount, 1980
- Division I Career Record: 371-171 (18th)
- Record at Loyola Marymount: 43-66 (4th)
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play), Caron Butler (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 13-4
- Last Meeting: BYU won 89-81, 3/4/17
- H/A/N: 6-2/5-2/2-0