Coming off an overtime win at Pepperdine on Thursday, BYU basketball will conclude the penultimate week of WCC play when the Cougars play at San Diego Saturday at 1 p.m. PST in Jenny Craig Pavilion.
Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU leads the all-time series with San Diego 13-4 and has won five of the last six meetings. The Cougars won the first meeting this season 74-58 in Provo behind 24 points from TJ Haws and 17 points and eight rebounds from Jahshire Hardnett.
- BYU has played back-to-back overtime games (75-73 win vs. San Francisco and 75-70 win at Pepperdine) for the first time since 1991 when the Cougars defeated Hawaii (73-71) and Utah (51-49) in back-to-back extra session games in the WAC Tournament.
- Elijah Bryant totaled 25 points at Pepperdine while shooting 7 of 13 from the field, 3 of 7 from beyond the arc and 8 of 11 from the free-throw line. Bryant scored nine of BYU’s 11 points in overtime.
BYU Cougars (21-7, 10-5 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 326-118 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Diego Toreros (16-11, 7-8 WCC)
- Head Coach: Lamont Smith
- Alma Mater: San Diego, 1998
- Career Record: 38-50 (3rd)
- Record at San Diego: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Spencer Linton (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 13-4
- Last Meeting: BYU won 74-58, 1/20/18
- H/A/N: 8-0/4-3/1-1