BYU basketball will open the postseason with a first round matchup in the National Invitational Tournament at Stanford on Wednesday at 7 p.m. PDT in Maples Pavilion. The Cougars are a No. 6 seed while the Cardinal are a No. 3 seed.
Wednesday's game will be televised live on ESPNU. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU is making its third-straight appearance in the NIT and fifth under Dave Rose. The Cougars are a No. 6 seed and play at No. 3 seed Stanford. This is the ninth meeting between the teams and the first in the postseason.
- Sophomore forward Yoeli Childs and junior guard Elijah Bryant were both named to the All-West Coast Conference First Team. It is the seventh-straight season the Cougars have had a pair of players named to the All-WCC First Team.
- BYU coach Dave Rose won the ESPN INFINITI Coaches’ Charity Challenge. Rose helped raise more than $100,000 for the BYU Simmons Center for Cancer Research.
BYU Cougars (24-10, 11-7 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 329-121 (13th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Stanford Cardinal (18-15, 11-7 Pac-12)
- Head Coach: Jerod Haase
- Alma Mater: Kansas, 1987
- Career Record: 112-85 (6th)
- Record at Stanford: 32-32 (2nd)
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Mike Crispino (play-by-play), Corey Williams (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 6-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 79-77, 12/20/14
- H/A/N: 3-0/2-1/1-1