BYU basketball will open the 2018-19 regular season at No. 7/9 Nevada at 8 p.m. PST at Lawlor Events Center.
Tuesday's game will be televised live on CBS Sports Network. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM and FM 100.3 (KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM will be covering the election).
- Dave Rose enters his 14th season at the helm of BYU men’s basketball. Rose has led the Cougars to 20-plus wins and a postseason appearance (NCAA or NIT) in each of his 13 seasons and is currently second all-time in BYU history in wins and first in winning percentage. Rose is also seventh nationally among active head coaches in winning percentage.
- Yoeli Childs was named to the All-WCC Preseason Team after earning first-team All-WCC honors last season. Nick Emery (second team in 2015-16) and TJ Haws (first team in 2017-18) have also earned all-league recognition.
- The BYU roster features 10 players with experience in a Cougar uniform and six players who have started for BYU. TJ Haws has started all 69 games played in his career while Childs has 60 career starts in 68 games played.
BYU Cougars (0-0, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 329-122 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Nevada Wolf Pack (0-0, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Head Coach: Eric Musselman
- Alma Mater: San Diego, 1987
- Career Record: 81-29 (4th)
- Record at Nevada: Same
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: Carter Blackburn (play-by-play), Pete Gillen (analyst)
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 13-6
- Last Meeting: BYU won 76-55, 11/25/11
- H/A/N: 5-1/2-5/6-0