BYU basketball play its 2018-19 home opener when it hosts Utah Valley in the UCCU Crosstown Clash Friday at 8 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center.
Friday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe announced Tuesday that men’s basketball coach Dave Rose has signed a contract extension through the 2020-21 season. Rose has led BYU to 13-straight seasons with 20-plus wins and a postseason appearance. He is first all-time in program history in win percentage and second in wins.
- In 13 seasons at the helm, BYU basketball coach Dave Rose is 12-1 in home openers – including the last 12-straight. Last season, the Cougars defeated Mississippi Valley State 91-61 in the home opener. This is the second time BYU has played Utah Valley in a home opener. In 2015-16 the Cougars won 85-54 vs. the Wolverines.
- Jahshire Hardnett tied his career high with 17 points in the season opener at Nevada. The junior guard paced BYU with 13 points in the second half. Yoeli Childs had his 21st career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds.
BYU Cougars (0-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 329-123 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Utah Valley Wolverines (1-0, 0-0 WAC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Career Record: 53-46 (4th)
- Record at Utah Valley: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Lauren McClain (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Robbie Bullough (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 3-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 85-58, 11/29/17
- H/A/N: 2-1/1-0/0-0