BYU men's basketball hosts Northwestern State as part of the Men Against Breast Cancer Cougar Cup on Tuesday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. Tuesday's game is the first of three home contests the Cougars host this week.
The Northwestern State game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- TJ Haws had a breakout game against Utah Valley, totaling 23 points on 8 of 13 shooting from the field and 3 of 8 from 3-point range. It was Haws’ 10th career 20-point game and first since Feb. 10, 2018. Haws also jumped to 12th in career 3-point field goals in BYU history with 130.
- Yoeli Childs has started the season with back-to-back double-doubles with 16 points and 12 boards at Nevada and 20 and 15 vs. Utah Valley. His double-double against UVU was his second career double-double with at least 20 points and 15 rebounds. Childs has 22 career double-doubles, tied for 15th all-time in BYU history.
- BYU’s game against Northwestern State is the first of four games as part of the Men Against Breast Cancer Cougar Cup. The Cougars also play Alabama A&M, Rice and Houston in the MABCCC.
BYU Cougars (1-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 330-123 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Northwestern State Demons (1-1, 0-0 Southland Conference)
- Head Coach: Mike McConathy
- Alma Mater: Louisiana Tech, 1977
- Career Record: 637-461 (36th)
- Record at Northwestern State: 285-302 (20th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: Series tied 1-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 80-53, 12/10/94
- H/A/N: 1-0/0-0/0-1