BYU men's basketball will host Rice Wednesday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center as part of the Men Against Breast Cancer Cougar Cup. It is the Cougars' fifth of six-straight home games.
Wednesday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs had 18 points and 12 rebounds vs. Alabama A&M, his sixth-straight double-double (five this season, one last season) – tied for the fifth-longest double-double streak in BYU history. Childs leads the nation in double-doubles and total rebounds and is third in rebounds per game (as of 11/17/18).
- Senior team captain Luke Worthington had his best game of the season against Alabama A&M, posting a season-best 9 points and tying his career high with six rebounds. Worthington hit a career-best 5 of 6 from the free-throw line and 2 of 4 from the field.
- TJ Haws has led BYU in assists in all five games this season and has dished out at least four assists each game. He is averaging 5.0 assists per game with a 2.27:1 assists to turnover ratio.
BYU Cougars (4-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 333-123 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Rice Owls (3-2, 0-0 C-USA)
- Head Coach: Scott Pera
- Alma Mater: Penn State, 1989
- Division I Career Record: 10-26 (2nd)
- Record at Rice: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 5-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 83-52, 11/21/08
- H/A/N: 3-1/0-1/2-0