BYU men's basketball will play its second-straight game against an in-state foe when the Cougars host Utah State Wednesday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center.
Wednesday's game will be broadcast live on BYUtv and online on BYUtv.org. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Nick Emery will make his 2018-19 debut on Wednesday against Utah State. As part of his NCAA reinstatement conditions, he was required to sit out the first nine games of this season. In his first two seasons as a Cougar from 2015-17, Emery averaged 14.7 points and totaled 1,032 points and 172 3-point field goals.
- Jahshire Hardnett had his best scoring night as a Cougar at Weber State, hitting 11 of 15 from the field for 24 points. Yoeli Childs added a season-high 31 points on 13 of 23 shooting. BYU hosts Utah State on Wednesday.
- Under coach Dave Rose, the Cougars are 9-3 against the Aggies, including 4-0 in Provo, 2-3 in Logan and 3-0 in Salt Lake at the Vivint Smart Home Arena. BYU has won its last six games against Utah State.
BYU Cougars (5-4, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 334-126 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Utah State Aggies (7-1, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Head Coach: Craig Smith
- Alma Mater: North Dakota, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 132-76 (8th year)
- Record at Utah State: 7-1 (1st)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 142-92
- Last Meeting: BYU won 75-66, 12/02/17
- H/A/N: 85-32/54-60/3-0