BYU men's basketball will play its final nonconference game of the 2018-19 regular season when the Cougars play at No. 17/19 Mississippi State Saturday at 11 a.m. CST in Humphrey Coliseum.
Saturday's game will be broadcast live on ESPNU. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU is 15th in the nation in scoring, 33rd in assists, 14th in assist-turnover ratio and 51st in FG percentage.
- Junior forward Yoeli Childs ranks among the top 15 in several statistical categories in the WCC: first in double-doubles and rebounds, second in scoring, fifth in blocked shots, 10th in FG percentage, T-15th in assists.
- TJ Haws has been playing his best offensive basketball over the last five games, averaging 21.0 points and 5.4 assists while shooting 59.3% from the field, 50.0% from 3-point range and 88.0% from the FT line.
- BYU big men freshman Kolby Lee and senior Luke Worthington had their best games of the season at San Diego State. Lee hit his first career 3-pointer, tied his career-best with five points and grabbed two rebounds. Worthington scored a season-best 11 points on 5 of 7 shooting and had five rebounds.
BYU Cougars (8-6, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 337-127 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Mississippi State Bulldogs (11-1, 0-0 SEC)
- Head Coach: Ben Howland
- Alma Mater: Weber State, 1980
- Career Record: 467-252 (23rd)
- Record at Mississippi State: 66-46 (4th)
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Kevin Fitzpatrick (play-by-play), Daymeon Fishback (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: Series tied 1-1
- Last Meeting: Mississippi State won 79-74, 12/02/95
- H/A/N: 1-0/0-1/0-0