BYU men's basketball opens West Coast Conference play Thursday at Pacific at 8 p.m. PST in the Alex G. Spanos Center.
Thursday's game will be broadcast live on ESPNU. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU opens West Coast Conference play at Pacific on Thursday before playing at Saint Mary’s on Saturday. It marks the third time in four seasons the Cougars play Saint Mary’s in the opening weekend. Since joining the WCC in 2011, BYU has finished third five times and second twice.
- Junior guard Zac Seljaas has become a more consistent offensive threat as of late, scoring in double figures in four of the last five games after scoring in double figures once in the first 10 games. He had 14 vs. Utah, 11 vs. Portland State, 10 vs. UNLV and 13 at Mississippi State.
- Senior forward and team captain Luke Worthington has emerged over the last two games, averaging 9.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.5 steals while shooting 70.0% from the field and 100.0% from the free-throw line.
BYU Cougars (8-7, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 337-129 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Pacific Tigers (10-5, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Damon Stoudamire
- Alma Mater: Arizona, 2008
- Career Record: 35-45 (3rd)
- Record at Pacific: Same
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Steve Quis (play-by-play), Richie Schueler (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 10-6
- Last Meeting: BYU won 80-65, 01/27/18
- H/A/N: 5-2/4-3/1-1