Coming off five-straight road games, BYU men's basketball will host Portland Thursday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center.
Thursday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- After playing five-straight road games, BYU plays at home for the first time since Dec. 12 when the Cougars play Portland on Jan. 10. The 29 days between home games is the second-longest stretch in the Dave Rose era, the longest being 30 in the 2010-11 season.
- BYU is 18-2 all-time against Portland and has won nine of the last 10 and the last five overall. The Cougars are 15-2 against the Pilots under Dave Rose. BYU is 7-1 at home this season for an 87.5 win percentage.
- Under Dave Rose, the Cougars are 194-25 in the Marriott Center, an 88.6 win percentage. In Rose’s 13 seasons entering 2018-19, BYU won at least 80.0 percent of its home games 12 times.
BYU Cougars (9-8, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 338-130 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Portland Pilots (7-9, 0-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Terry Porter
- Alma Mater: UW-Stevens Point, 1993
- Career Record: 28-53 (3rd)
- Record at Portland: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 18-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 72-60, 02/22/18
- H/A/N: 10-0/7-2/1-0