BYU men's basketball returns to the Marriott Center after a pair of road games to take on league foe Saint Mary's Thursday at 9 p.m. MST.
Thursday's game will be televised live on ESPN2. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs averaged 22.5 points at Pepperdine and San Francisco. Childs has also hit a 3-pointer in each of the last four games, a total of 8 of 16. It is the second-longest streak of consecutive games with a 3 in his career and the most 3s he’s made in a four-game stretch.
- McKay Cannon hit 3 of 3 from 3-point range at San Francisco, his best game in a Cougar uniform shooting from deep. Over the last six games the senior has hit 8 of 15 from distance.
- Gavin Baxter emerged as a rim protector last week with three blocks at Pepperdine and two at San Francisco. The freshman forward from Provo, Utah, had his best week as a Cougar, averaging 7.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocks while shooting 75.0 percent from the field and 100.0 percent from the free-throw line.
BYU Cougars (12-9, 4-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 341-131 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Saint Mary's (13-7, 4-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Career Record: 405-169 (17th)
- Record at Saint Mary's: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Steve Quis (play-by-play), Dan Dickau (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 13-14
- Last Meeting: Saint Mary's won 88-66, 01/05/19
- H/A/N: 9-5/2-8/2-1