BYU men's basketball will host league foe and No. 4/4 Gonzaga in a key West Coast Conference matchup Thursday at 9 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. The Bulldogs are currently first in the WCC standings at 6-0 while the Cougars are tied for second at 5-2.
Thursday's game will be televised live on ESPN2. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs is climbing the ranks in several categories of the BYU record book. The junior forward is fifth in career double-doubles with 32, tied for 11th in career 20-point games and 18th in career points.
- McKay Cannon and Gavin Baxter have both taken advantage of increased playing time of late. Since being insterted into the starting lineup at the beginning of WCC play, Cannon is shooting 59.1 percent from the field and 56.3 percent from 3. Over the last three games, Baxter is averaging 8.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.3 blocks while shooting 78.6 percent from the field.
- TJ Haws has posted seven-plus assists in four of the last five games, including a career-high tying eight assists twice. During that stretch, he is averaging 6.4 assists with a 3.2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.
BYU Cougars (13-9, 5-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 342-131 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Gonzaga Bulldogs (19-2, 6-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Few
- Alma Mater: Oregon, 1997
- Career Record: 554-120 (19th)
- Record at Gonzaga: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Dave Feldman (play-by-play), Dan Dickau (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 6-15
- Last Meeting: Gonzaga won 74-54, 03/06/18
- H/A/N: 2-5/3-4/1-6
- A Cosmo Bobblehead will be given to the first 5,000 fans in attendance (limit one per person)