Coming off Thursday's loss to No. 4 Gonzaga, BYU men's basketball will look to bounce back when the Cougars face Loyola Marymount Saturday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. A win Saturday would keep the Cougars in the top three of the West Coast Conference standings.
Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU is 13-3 against Loyola Marymount since joining the West Coast Conference in 2011-12, including six-straight wins in Provo against the Lions. Last season, Yoeli Childs tallied a double-double and five blocks while TJ Haws and Jahshire Hardnett scored in double figures as the Cougars defeated LMU 82-67 in Provo.
- After missing five-straight games due to a hand injury, Jahshire Hardnett returned to the lineup against Gonzaga. The junior guard came off the bench and totaled seven points, two rebounds and one assist in 15 minutes of playing time. Hardnett has started 15 games this season and is averaging 10.7 points.
- Yoeli Childs is making his mark on the BYU record book. The junior forward is fifth in career double-doubles with 32, tied for 11th in career 20-point games, 13th in career rebounds and 18th in career points.
BYU Cougars (13-10, 5-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 342-132 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Loyola Marymount Lions (16-6, 4-4 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mike Dunlap
- Alma Mater: LMU, 1980
- Career Record: 389-183 (19th)
- Record at Loyola Marymount: 64-81 (5th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 14-5
- Last Meeting: LMU won 76-69, 2/1/19
- H/A/N: 7-2/5-3/2-0
- BYU football players will be signing autographs on the concourse between Portals G and K from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. MST.
- The Idaho Potato Bowl Trophy will be presented to the football team at halftime.