Coming off a dominant performance in Portland, BYU men’s basketball returns to Provo to host Pacific Saturday at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. The Cougars opened West Coast Conference play with a 90-87 win at Pacific on Jan. 3. BYU is 15-10 overall and 7-3 in the WCC while the Tigers are 13-12 and 3-7.
Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU’s 19-point halftime lead vs. Portland (40-21) is tied for its second-largest halftime lead of the season. The largest was 22 vs. Alabama A&M. The Cougars also led Utah State by 19 at the break. The 21 points scored by Portland in the first half are the fewest BYU has allowed in any half this season.
- BYU’s 83-48 win vs. Portland was its largest margin of victory of the season – 35. It was BYU’s second-straight game holding its opponent to fewer than 50 points – LMU scored 49 in BYU’s 67-49 win on Feb. 2. It marks the first time the Cougars have held opponents to fewer than 50 points in back-to-back games since Jan. 13 and 16, 2010 (a 67-49 win at Air Force and a 91-47 win vs. Colorado State).
- Nick Emery made his first start of the season at Portland, totaling eight points, four rebounds and five assists.
BYU Cougars (15-10, 7-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 344-132 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Pacific Tigers (13-12, 3-7 WCC)
- Head Coach: Damon Stoudamire
- Alma Mater: Arizona, 2008
- Career Record: 38-52 (3rd)
- Record at Pacific: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, FM 100.3
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 11-6
- Last Meeting: BYU won 90-87, 01/03/19
- H/A/N: 5-2/5-3/1-1