Sitting in second-place in the West Coast Conference, BYU begins an important week when the Cougars play at San Diego Thursday at 7 p.m. PST in Jenny Craig Pavilion. BYU is 16-10 overall and 8-3 in WCC play while the Toreros are 16-9 and 5-5.
Thursday's game will be televised live on Spectrum Sports Net, AT&T Rocky Mountain, ROOT Sports Northwest and NBC Sports Bay Area. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Yoeli Childs finished with 19 points, 13 rebounds, two assists and one block vs. Pacific, his 14th double-double this season and 34th of his career. He is now tied with Alan Taylor for fourth all-time in BYU history for career double-doubles and he is tied for 13th with Kyle Collinsworth for double-doubles in a single season.
- Freshman Connor Harding had one of his better games in BYU’s win against Pacific, scoring 13 points while hitting a career-best three 3-pointers. He hit 4 of 6 from the field and added four rebounds.
- BYU is 12-5 vs. San Diego since the Cougars joined the West Coast Conference in 2011-12. BYU has won three of the last four games against the Toreros, including two wins last season – in Las Vegas and Provo.
- BYU has won three straight and has held its last three opponents to 52.0 points per game.
BYU Cougars (16-10, 8-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 345-132 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Diego Toreros (16-9, 5-5 WCC)
- Head Coach: San Scholl
- Alma Mater: San Diego, 2001
- Career Record: 16-9 (1st)
- Record at San Diego: Same
- TV: Spectrum Sports Net, AT&T Rocky Mountain, ROOT Sports Northwest and NBC Sports Bay Area
- TV Talent: Steve Quis (play-by-play), Casey Jacobsen (analyst)
- Live Video: TheW.tv
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 14-5
- Last Meeting: BYU won 85-79, 3/3/18
- H/A/N: 8-0/4-4/2-1