BYU basketball will play its final road game of the 2018-19 regular season when the Cougars play at No. 2/2 Gonzaga Saturday at 7 p.m. PST in McCarthey Athletic Center. BYU is 18-11 overall and 10-4 in league play while the Bulldogs are 26-2 overall and 13-0 in WCC action.
Saturday's game will be televised live on ESPN. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Juniors Yoeli Childs and TJ Haws put up big numbers against San Francisco as Childs totaled 28 points, 14 rebounds, three assists and two blocks while Haws had 25 points while hitting 10 of 11 from the free-throw line. For Childs it was his 16th double-double and Haws has hit 29 of 31 free throws over the last three games.
- Freshman Gavin Baxter totaled eight points, seven rebounds and a career-best five blocks. His blocks are the second most in a single game by a Cougar freshman not named Shawn Bradley.
- Team captains TJ Haws and Luke Worthington were both named to the WCC All-Academic Team earlier this week. For Haws it was his second-straight season receiving the honor while Worthington received honorable mention last season. Haws was also named to the Google Cloud Academic All-District 8 First Team.
BYU Cougars (18-11, 10-4 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 347-133 (14th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Gonzaga Bulldogs (26-2, 13-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Few
- Alma Mater: Oregon, 1987
- Career Record: 561-120 (19th)
- Record at Gonzaga: Same
- TV: ESPN
- TV Talent: Eric Rothman (play-by-play), Sean Farnham (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 6-16
- Last Meeting: Gonzaga won 93-63, 01/31/19
- H/A/N: 2-6/3-4/1-6