PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will play former Mountain West Conference foe San Diego State Saturday at 2 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. This will be the first time the Aztecs have played in Provo since Jan. 26, 2011, when the No. 9 Cougars defeated No. 4 San Diego State 71-58 behind Jimmer Fredette's 43 points.
Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and the BYUtv app. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU opened the 2019-20 season with a 76-58 win over Cal State Fullerton. The victory gives new head coach Mark Pope his first win as head coach of the Cougars.
- Junior guard Alex Barcello made a splash in his BYU debut, scoring 17 points to go with two assists, two blocks and three steals. The Arizona transfer hit 7 of 9 from the field and 3 of 4 from the 3-point line. Barcello’s points, steals and blocks were career highs and his three 3-pointers tied his career high.
- TJ Haws scored 17 points in the season opener, including 15 in the second half. He hit 7 of 12 from the field and dished out three assists.
- The Cougars are hosting San Diego State for the first time since 2011 when No. 9 BYU defeated the No. 4 Aztecs 71-58.
BYU Cougars (1-0, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 78-56 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 1-0 (1st)
San Diego State Aztecs (1-0, 0-0 Mountain West)
- Head Coach: Brian Dutcher
- Alma Mater: Minnesota, 1982
- Division I Career Record: 44-24 (3rd)
- Record at San Diego State: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 48-25
- Last Meeting: SDSU won 90-81, 12/22/18
- H/A/N: 29-3/18-18/1-4