PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will hit the road for the first time this season, playing at Houston on Friday in the Fertitta Center at 8 p.m. CST.
Friday's game will be televised live on ESPNU. The game with also be broadcast live on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- For the second-straight game, senior guard Jake Toolson eclipsed his BYU career high, scoring 22 points in BYU’s 68-63 win against Southern Utah. He totaled 13 points in the second half, including key 3-pointer with 34 seconds remaining that put the Cougars ahead by four to hold off the Thunderbirds.
- Senior forward Dalton Nixon had one of his best games as a Cougar, totaling 13 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block and 2 steals against Southern Utah. He also match his career high with a pair of 3-pointers in the first half. Nixon, who made one 3-pointer all of last season, has hit at least one 3 in all three games this season.
- Friday’s contest at Houston is BYU’s first of five-straight games away from Provo. Following the matchup with the Cougars, BYU plays at Boise State on Nov. 20 and then three games at the Maui Invitational.
BYU Cougars (2-1, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 79-57 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 2-1 (1st)
Houston Cougars (1-0, 0-0 American)
- Head Coach: Kelvin Sampson
- Alma Mater: UNC Pembroke, 1978
- Division I Career Record: 615-324 (31st)
- Record at Houston: 117-52 (6th)
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Ted Emrich (play-by-play), Tim Welsh (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 2-5
- Last Meeting: Houston won 76-62, 11/24/18
- H/A/N: 1-2/0-2/1-1