LAHAINA, Hawaii – Coming off a first round win against UCLA, BYU men's basketball will play No. 4/5 Kansas in the semifinals of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. HST in the Lahaina Civic Center.
BYU's game against Kansas will be televised live on ESPN. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- In its fourth appearance in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational, BYU men’s basketball advanced to the winner’s bracket for the second time in program history with a 78-63 win over UCLA. Jake Toolson led the way with 20 points on 8 of 14 shooting while TJ Haws added 15 points and four assists. The last time BYU advanced to the winner’s bracket was in 1992 when Kevin Nixon hit a game winner to beat No. 9 Oklahoma, 76-75.
- Kolby Lee hit 6 of 7 from the field for 13 points, his second-career game scoring in double figures. He also added a career-best two steals. Over the last three games, the sophomore big man is averaging 11.3 points and 4.7 boards while shooting 57.7 percent from the field.
BYU Cougars (4-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 81-58 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 4-2 (1st)
Kansas Jayhawks (4-1, 0-0 Big 12)
- Head Coach: Bill Self
- Alma Mater: Oklahoma State, 1985
- Division I Career Record: 684-212 (27th)
- Record at Kansas: 477-107 (17th)
- TV: ESPN
- TV Talent: Dan Shulman (play-by-play), Jay Bilas (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 1-3
- Last Meeting: Kansas won 90-76, 03/20/93
- H/A/N: 1-0/0-2/0-1