LAHAINA, Hawaii – BYU men's basketball will take on Virginia Tech of the ACC for third place in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. HST in the Lahaina Civic Center.
BYU's game against Virginia Tech will be televised live on ESPN2. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Kolby Lee has scored in double figures in three of the last four games, including a career-best 14 points at Houston and 13 points against UCLA and Kansas. During that stretch he has hit 21 of 34 (61.8 percent) from the field and is averaging 11.8 points.
- BYU opened the Maui Jim Maui Invitational with a 78-63 win against UCLA to advance to the semifinals. Following a loss to No. 4/5 Kansas, the Cougars will play Virginia Tech for third place. BYU is 4-0 all-time against the Hokies, including neutral site wins in 1967 and 2012. The Cougars last defeated Virginia Tech in 2016 at home in the NIT.
- TJ Haws has scored in double figures in every game this season, including 16 points vs. Kansas.
BYU Cougars (4-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 81-59 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 4-3 (1st)
Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1, 0-0 ACC)
- Head Coach: Mike Young
- Alma Mater: Emory & Henry, 1986
- Division I Career Record: 305-245 (17th)
- Record at Virginia Tech: 6-1 (1st)
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: TBD (play-by-play), TBD (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: 4-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 80-77, 03/18/16
- H/A/N: 1-0/1-0/2-0