PROVO, Utah – After playing five games away from home, BYU men's basketball returns to the Marriott Center to host Montana Tech Saturday at 1 p.m. MST.
BYU's game against Montana Tech will be televised live on BYUtv. The game with also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU finished third in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational, its second-best finish in four appearances in the tournament. The Cougars opened with a 78-63 win against UCLA, lost to No. 4/5 and tournament champ Kansas and finished with a 90-77 win against Virginia Tech.
- Sophomore forward Kolby Lee had his best week as a Cougar in Maui, averaging 12.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists while shooting 85.0 percent (17 of 20) from the field.
- Senior guard TJ Haws took over in the second half against Virginia Tech. With BYU trailing 46-43, he outscored the Hokies 13-2 in less than three minutes to put the Cougars ahead 56-48 with 13:56 remaining. Haws finished the night with a season-high 20 points on 7 of 11 shooting from the field and 4 of 7 shooting from 3-point range.
BYU Cougars (5-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 82-59 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 5-3 (1st)
Montana Tech Orediggers (4-3, 0-0 Frontier Conference)
- Head Coach: Adam Hiatt
- Alma Mater: Westminster, 2004
- Career Record: 114-104 (8th)
- Record at Montana Tech: 41-56 (4th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Jarom Jordan (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: First Meeting
- Last Meeting: First Meeting
- H/A/N: 0-0/0-0/0-0