PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball opens West Coast Conference play when it hosts Loyola Marymount Saturday, Jan. 4, at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center.
BYU's game against LMU will be televised live on BYUtv, BYUtv.org and the BYUtv app. The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Senior forward Yoeli Childs has scored 20-plus points each of the last three games, including 20 points against Utah State, 28 vs. Weber State and 23 against Oral Roberts. During that stretch he is averaging 23.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.7 blocks while shooting 71.4 percent from the field and 75.0 percent from 3-point range.
- BYU is ranked among the top 20 nationally in several offensive statistical categories, including field goal percentage (14th), 3-point field goal percentage (8th), 3-point field goals per game (9th), assists per game (11th) and assist-turnover ratio (8th).
- Saturday is BYU’s WCC opener. The Cougars have won their last three WCC openers, including a 90-87 win at Pacific last season, a 69-45 win against Portland in 2017-18 and an 89-59 victory over Santa Clara in 2016-17.
BYU Cougars (11-4, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 88-60 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 11-4 (1st)
Loyola Marymount Lions (7-8, 1-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mike Dunlap
- Alma Mater: LMU, 1980
- Career Record: 416-217 (21st)
- Record at LMU: 77-95 (6th)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org and the BYUtv app
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *16/11-5
- Last Meeting: BYU won 70-62, 2/16/19
- H/A/N: *8/6-2|5/3-3|2/1-0
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA