PROVO, Utah – After opening West Coast Conference play with a home win against Loyola Marymount, BYU men's basketball hits the road to play at Saint Mary's Thursday at 8 p.m. PST in University Credit Union Pavilion.
BYU's game against LMU will be televised live on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.com. The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU defeated Loyola Marymount 63-38 to open West Coast Conference play. It marked the third time the Cougars have allowed 50 points or fewer in a game this season and the 38 points are the fewest allowed in any game. The Lions scored just 19 points in each half, the fewest allowed by BYU in either half this season.
- Senior guard Jake Toolson leads BYU in 3-point field goal percentage (44.3), 3-pointers made (39) and 3-pointers attempted (88). He also leads the team with eight games with three-plus made 3-pointers. In the WCC, he is third in 3-point field goals per game and fifth in 3-point field goal percentage.
- Senior guard TJ Haws has dished out five-plus assists in six-straight games, including a career-best 10 against Weber State. During that stretch is averaging 6.3 assists with a 3.8 assist to turnover ratio.
BYU Cougars (12-4, 1-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 89-60 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 12-4 (1st)
Saint Mary's Gaels (14-3, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Career Record: 428-177 (19th)
- Record at Saint Mary's: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play), Corey Williams (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *14/13-14
- Last Meeting: BYU won 71-66, 1/24/19
- H/A/N: *10/9-5|2-8|2-1
*Win in 2016 vacated by NCAA