PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will host Portland in a West Coast Conference matchup Saturday night in the Marriott Center at 7:30 p.m. MST.
BYU's game against Portland will be televised live on BYUtv and the BYUtv app. The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU hosts Portland Saturday for the first of two meetings this season. The Cougars’ all-time on-court record against the Pilots is 20-2, including 11-0 at home. Overall, BYU has won seven-straight games against Portland.
- Senior guards TJ Haws and Jake Toolson did the bulk of BYU’s scoring against Saint Mary’s, combining for 53 of the Cougars’ 84 points. Haws scored a season-best 29 points while Toolson posted 24.
- Haws continues to move closer and closer to the BYU record for consecutive games started. He has played in and started every game of his career – 118. The record of 122 is held by Jeff Chatman (1984-88).
- With Yoeli Childs out with a finger injury, sophomore Kolby Lee returned to the starting lineup Thursday and hit 4 of 4 from the field for 9 points and 6 rebounds. Lee is now shooting 60.3 percent from the field for the season.
BYU Cougars (12-5, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 89-61 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 12-5 (1st)
Portland Pilots (9-8, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Terry Porter
- Alma Mater: UW-Stevens Point, 1993
- Career Record: 37-77 (4th)
- Record at Portland: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Jarom Jordan (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *20/17-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 83-48, 1/7/19
- H/A/N: *11/9-0|8/7-2|1-0
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA