PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will play its first of two West Coast Conference games this week when the Cougars host San Diego in the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. MST.
BYU's game against San Diego will be televised live on BYUtv and the BYUtv app. The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Seniors TJ Haws and Dalton Nixon both posted their first career double-doubles in BYU’s 96-70 win over Portland. Haws totaled 13 points and a career-best 14 assists while Dalton Nixon had 14 points and a career-best 11 rebounds. Haws also tied the record for most assists without a turnover in BYU history.
- The Cougars hit 15 3-pointers against Portland, tying for third-most made in a single game in BYU history. Earlier this season, BYU tied the record for most 3s in a game with 17 against Virginia Tech. The Cougars also made 14 against UNLV and have hit 10-plus 3s in eight games this season.
- Zac Seljaas scored a season-high 21 points going a perfect 5 for 5 from the 3-point range. His five made 3s without a miss are tied for the second-most makes from deep in a single game in BYU history.
BYU Cougars (13-5, 2-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 90-61 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 13-5 (1st)
San Diego Toreros (7-12, 0-4 WCC)
- Head Coach: Sam Scholl
- Alma Mater: San Diego, 2001
- Career Record: 30-29 (2nd)
- Record at San Diego: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *16/13-6
- Last Meeting: USD won 80-57, 3/9/19
- H/A/N: *9/7-0|5/4-4|2-2
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA