PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will play at Portland in a West Coast Conference matchup on Thursday at 7 p.m. PST in the Chiles Center.
BYU's game at Portland will be televised live on Stadium and KJZZ (in Utah). The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- Senior guard TJ Haws hit 9 of 15 from the field for 23 points and added five assists in BYU’s win over Saint Mary’s. Haws came alive in the second half, hitting 7 of 8 from the field for 17 points. Trailing 79-78, the Cougars took possession of the ball with 20 seconds remaining. Haws came off a screen at the top of the key and hit a 3 with 8.6 seconds remaining to put his team ahead for good.
- BYU has shot 50.0 percent or better in seven-straight games, tied for the second-longest single-season streak in team history. The record of nine games was set at the end of the 1988-89 season.
- With BYU’s win over Saint Mary’s, the Cougars are now tied with the Gaels for second in the West Coast Conference standings at 6-3 behind Gonzaga (9-0). It is a tight race behind BYU and Saint Mary’s with four teams tied at 5-4.
BYU Cougars (17-7, 6-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 94-63 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 17-7 (1st)
Portland Pilots (9-15, 1-8 WCC)
- Head Coach: Terry Porter
- Alma Mater: UW-Stevens Point, 1993
- Career Record: 37-84 (4th)
- Record at Portland: Same
- TV: Stadium and KJZZ
- TV Talent: Barry Tompkins (play-by-play), Dani Klupenger (analyst)
- Live Video: watchstadium.com/live
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Terry Nashif (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *21/18-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 96-70, 1/11/20
- H/A/N: *12/10-0|*8/7-2|1-0
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA