PROVO, Utah – BYU men's basketball will host San Francisco in a West Coast Conference matchup Saturday at 7:30 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. The Cougars are currently tied for second in the WCC standings with Saint Mary's at 7-3. San Francisco is tied with Santa Clara for sixth at 5-5.
BYU's game at Portland will be televised live on Stadium and KJZZ (in Utah). The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU has made double-digit 3-pointers the last four-straight games – 15 at San Francisco, 17 vs. Pepperdine, 10 vs. Saint Mary’s and 12 at Portland. It is the second-longest streak of consecutive games with double-digit 3s in team history. The record of six was set earlier this season and the previous record was three.
- BYU has shot 50.0 percent or better in eight-straight games, the second-longest single-season streak in team history. The record of nine games was set at the end of the 1988-89 season.
- The Cougars are ranked among the top 10 in the country in several offensive statistical categories, including: first in 3-point field goal percentage, second in 3-point field goals per game, fourth in field goal percentage, fourth in assist to turnover ratio and fifth in assists per game. BYU is also 16th in the country in scoring.
BYU Cougars (18-7, 7-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 95-63 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 18-7 (1st)
San Francisco Dons (16-9, 5-5 WCC)
- Head Coach: Todd Golden
- Alma Mater: Saint Mary’s, 2008
- Career Record: 16-9 (1st)
- Record at San Francisco: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org and the BYUtv App
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *19/15-9
- Last Meeting: USF won 83-82, 1/25/20
- H/A/N: *9/7-2|*7/5-6|3-1
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA