Showdown with No. 2 Gonzaga set for Saturday
For the first time since 2010-11, the Marriott Center will host a game between two ranked teams when No. 23 BYU men's basketball hosts No. 2 Gonzaga Saturday at 8 p.m. MST. The Cougars are currently second in the WCC standings at 11-3, 1.5 games ahead of Saint Mary's (9-4) and 2.5 games ahead of Pacific (8-5).
BYU's game against Gonzaga will be televised live on ESPN2. The radio broadcast will be available live on the BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU entered the AP Top 25 this week at No. 23, the first time the Cougars have been ranked since 2010-11. Currently on a seven-game winning streak, BYU is also receiving votes and is two spots outside the USA Today Coaches Poll. Saturday is the seventh league game between ranked teams in the WCC since 2007-08.
- TJ Haws, Yoeli Childs and Jake Toolson combined for 70 points, 23 rebounds and 11 assists in BYU’s win over Santa Clara. Haws posted a near double-double with 28 points and nine assists. Childs and Toolson each had double-doubles as Childs had 22 points and 11 boards and Toolson posted 20 points and a season-best 10 rebounds.
- BYU has won seven-straight games, its longest win streak of the season and longest since winning nine straight in 2017-18. It is also the Cougars’ longest win streak in conference play since joining the WCC.
No. 23 BYU Cougars (22-7, 11-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 99-63 (5th)
- Record at BYU: 22-7 (1st)
No. 2 Gonzaga Bulldogs (27-1, 13-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Few
- Alma Mater: Oregon, 1987
- Career Record: 595-123 (21st)
- Record at Gonzaga: Same
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Dave Flemming (play-by-play), Sean Farnham (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: *6/4-18
- Last Meeting: Gonzaga won 92-69, 1/18/20
- H/A/N: 2-6|*3/1-6|1-6
*Wins in 2016 and 2017 vacated by NCAA