Cougars-Wolverines meet in UCCU Crosstown Clash Saturday
PROVO, Utah – BYU men’s basketball will play its third-straight home game when the Cougars host Utah Valley at the Marriott Center on Saturday, Nov. 28, at 7 p.m. MST in the UCCU Crosstown Clash. The two schools last met during the 2018-19 season.
Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and the BYUtv app and broadcast on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
The Cougars are coming off back-to-back wins to open the 2020-21 season. On Wednesday, BYU dominated in-state foe Westminster (0-1), 109-59 and picked up win No. 2 the following night over New Orleans (0-1), 86-61.
- BYU and Utah Valley have met five times between 2003-18, with four of the five games held at the Marriott Center. The Cougars hold a 4-1 on-court record in the series.
- Prior to coming to BYU, head coach Mark Pope led the Wolverines to a 77-56 record in four seasons (2015-19) at Utah Valley. Pope’s teams made improvements each season, going from 12 wins in 2015-16 to 25 victories in 2018-19. He also led UVU to three-straight postseason appearances (2017, 2018, 2019) and back-to-back 20-win seasons (2017-18, 2018-19)—both are Wolverine records.
- Three current players on the BYU basketball roster played for Pope at UVU before transferring to BYU— Wyatt Lowell (6-10 F), Brandon Averette (5-11 G) and Richard Harward (6-11 C).
BYU Cougars (2-0, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 103-64 (6th)
- Record at BYU: 26-8 (2nd)
- No. 18/16 AP/USA Today Coaches Polls in 2019-20
Utah Valley Wolverines (1-0, 0-0 WAC)
- Head Coach: Mark Madsen
- Alma Mater: Stanford
- Division I Career Record: 12-19 (2nd)
- Record at UVU: 12-19 (2nd)
- Series Record: 4-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 75-65, 11/09/2018
- H/A/N: 3-1/1-0/0-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
Live Stats: BYUcougars.com