BYU looks to finish home stand strong against Pacific on Saturday
PROVO, Utah – BYU finishes up its three-game home stand on Saturday, February 4, when the Cougars host Pacific at the Marriott Center for the final time as West Coast Conference opponents. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (15-10, 5-5 WCC)
- BYU got back into the win column on Thursday evening as four Cougars scored in double figures in their 89-61 victory over Loyola Marymount in front of 13,63 fans at the Marriott Center.
- Spencer Johnson led the Cougars in scoring for the fifth time this season, finishing with 14 points after going 6-of-10 from the field and 2-of-4 from 3-point range. The junior is shooting 61.8 percent from three in WCC play.
- Fousseyni Traore recorded his fifth double-double of the season and 14th of his career against the Lions, finishing with 11 points and 13 rebounds. BYU is 10-4 when the sophomore records a double-double during his career.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 160-92 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 83-36 (4th Season)
Pacific Notes (12-12, 5-4 WCC)
- Pacific picked up its second win in as many tries on Thursday with a 81-72 victory over Pepperdine at the Spanos Center in Stockton, Calif.
- Pacific ranks 10th in the nation in 3-point percentage as the Tigers are shooting 38.9 percent from behind the arc.
- Keylan Boone, a transfer from Oklahoma State, is the leading scorer and rebounder for the Tigers. He is scoring 12.9 points per game, shooting 45.6 percent from the field, 40.8 percent from three and 79.4 percent from the free throw line.
Head Coach – Leonard Perry
- Alma Mater: Idaho, 1995
- Division I Career Record: 68-1313 (7th Season)
- Record at Pacific: 20-34 (2nd Season)
- Series Record: BYU lead 17-7
- Last Meeting: BYU won, 69-49 (12/29/22)
- H/A/N: 8-2/8-4/1-1
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Lauren McClain
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
POSTGAME NOTES: BYU 69, SAINT MARY'S 76
The following notes and quotes are from BYU’s 76-69 loss to Saint Mary’s in the semifinals of the 2023 University…
BYU fights back, fall to No. 16 Saint Mary's in UCU WCC Semifinal
BYU men’s basketball cut a 26-point second-half deficit to just three with 32 seconds to go Monday evening, but the…