BYU Cougars (1-1)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 160-46 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Longwood Lancers (1-2)
- Head Coach: Mike Gillian (North Adams State, 1986)
- Career Record: 76-170 (9th season)
- Record at Longwood: Same
- Friday, Nov. 18, 2011• 7:05 p.m. MT
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Steve Cleveland (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM • BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com Series Info
- Series: First regular season meeting
- The 2011-12 season marks BYU’s first as a member of the West Coast Conference and a new television partnership with BYUtv and ESPN that will give fans unprecedented access to BYU basketball. ESPN2 and ESPNU will broadcast a total of eight BYU games and BYUtv is currently scheduled to televise 18 games.
- Noah Hartsock and Brandon Davies both approached double-doubles and filled the stat sheet on Tuesday against BYU-Hawaii. Hartsock posted 14 points, nine boards, five assists, two blocks and two steals. Davies scored a career-high 25 points to go with nine boards, three assists, two blocks and one steal. Combined the shot 14 of 20 from the field.
- With the 73-52 win against BYU-Hawaii Dave Rose is 6-1 in home openers at BYU. Including the win over the Seasiders, the Cougars have won six-straight home openers. Last season, BYU defeated Fresno State 83-56 in the home opener.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (160), first in winning percentage (.777) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
- BYU — along with Butler, Kansas and Pittsburgh — is one of only four NCAA Division I programs that has won at least 25 games in each of the last five seasons. Only eight teams have acheived the mark in each of the last four seasons, including BYU and WCC foes Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s.
BYU will play its second of two home games in the Chicago Invitational on Tuesday, Nov. 22 against Prarie View A&M. The game is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. Follow the game live via GameTracker on www.byucougars.com and listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 6 p.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
By the Numbers
|6||The number of 20-win seasons for BYU head coach Dave Rose. He is the second coach in BYU history to begin his career with six-straight 20-win seasons. Rose is tied with Reid and Stan Watts for the most 20-win seasons in BYU history. Rose also has five 25-win seasons, a program record.|
|13||The number of points BYU scored to open the game against BYU-Hawaii before the Seasiders scored. After BYU-Hawaii’s first basketball, the Cougars followed with a 10-0 run.|
|17||The number of points BYU allowed in the first half against BYU-Hawaii, the fewest since Mississippi Valley State scored 10 in the first half on Nov. 23, 2010.|
|51||The number of rebounds for BYU against BYU-Hawaii, the most by a Cougar squad since posting 57 vs. Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 23, 2010.|
|66.7||The percetnage of field goals BYU has assisted on this season (32 assists on 48 field goals).|
|125||The number of career blocks for senior Noah Hartsock, fourth all-time in program history.|
|160||BYU head coach Dave Rose’s win total. He is second all-time in career wins at BYU behind Stan Watts, a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame.|
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…