BYU vs. Oregon - Game 8
BYU will take on Oregon at EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday at 3 p.m. MST in Salt Lake City.
BYU Cougars (5-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 164-47 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Oregon Ducks (4-1, 0-0 Pac 12)
- Head Coach: Dana Altman (Eastern New Mexico, 1980)
- Career Record: 435-261 (23rd season)
- Record at Oregon: 25-19 (2nd season)
- Oregon leads 12-8
- Last Meeting: Oregon won 93-62, 12/5/98
- Provo: 6-4
- Eugene: 1-6
- Neutral: 1-2
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011 • 3:05 p.m. MST
- Salt Lake City • EnergySolutions Arena (19,911)
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play) and Miles Simon (analyst)
- Live Video: ESPN3.com
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will play in the Marriott Center for the first time since Nov. 22 when the Cougars host Weber State on Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 6 p.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 16.0 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 2.1 blocks and 1.1 steals per game. He is shooting .579 from the field, .455 from three and .792 from the free throw line and is the only BYU player to score in double figures in every game so far this season.
- Freshman Anson Winder has seen significant playing time at point guard the last five games, including starts in the last three. In those five games Winder has averaged 6.2 points, 5.0 assists and has an assist/turnover ratio of 2.8 to 1, first in the West Coast Conference. He posted a career-best nine assists vs. Northern Arizona in the Lumberjack Classic in Prescott, Arizona.
- As of 11/29/11, BYU leads the West Coast Conference in four categories (FG %, 3-Pt FG %, blocks, assists) and is second in the league in five (scoring offense, scoring defense, 3-Pt FG % def, rebounding defense, defensive rebounds).
- Junior Brock Zylstra caught fire against Norhern Arizona, hitting 8 of 10 from the field and 5 of 6 from three for a career-high 23 points. Zylstra is shooting .414 (12 of 29) from downtown.
- Seniors Noah Hartsock and Charles Abouo led BYU against Nevada. Hartsock tied his career high with 21 points on 9 of 12 shooting and Abouo hit 8 of 12 from the field and 4 of 5 from three for 22 points.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (164), first in winning percentage (.777) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.