BYU basketball will host Weber State in the Marriott Center on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. MST.
BYU Cougars (6-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 165-47 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Weber State (5-1, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Head Coach: Randy Rahe (Buena Vista, 1982)
- Career Record: 100-62 (6th season)
- Record at Weber State: Same
- BYU leads 26-10
- Last Meeting: BYU won 72-66, 12/21/10
- Provo: 18-0
- Ogden: 8-10
- Neutral: 0-0
- Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011 • 7:05 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU’s next game will be at instate rival Utah in the Huntsman Center on Saturday, Dec. 10, at 12 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 11 a.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on Fox Sports Net.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 16.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 2.4 blocks and 1.0 steals per game. He is shooting .578 from the field, .417 from three and .813 from the free throw line and has scored in double figures and registered at least one block in every game this season.
- Freshman Anson Winder has seen significant playing time at point guard the last five games, including starts in the last four. For the season he’s averaging 5.9 points, 4.4 assists and 1.1 steals. He leads the West Coast Conference in assist/turnover ratio at 2.6.
- As of 12/5/11, BYU leads the West Coast Conference in four categories (Scoring Margin, 3-Pt FG %, blocks, assists), is second in the league in six (scoring offense, scoring defense, FG %, rebounding offense, rebound margin, assist/turnover ratio, defensive rebounds) and third in three (FG % defense, steals, turnover margin). BYU is top three in 13 of 21 categories.
- Junior Brock Zylstra caught fire against Northern Arizona, hitting 8 of 10 from the field and 5 of 6 from three for a career-high 23 points. Zylstra is shooting .414 (12 of 29) from downtown.
- Freshman Nate Austin has caught fire as of late, totaling 20 points on 9 of 13 shooting in 27 minutes the last two games. He had a career-best 11 points and four boards vs. Northern Arizona and nine points and a career-high six boards vs. Oregon.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (165), first in winning percentage (.778) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…