BYU will travel to Salt Lake to take on Utah in a Deseret Duel matchup on Saturday at 12 p.m. MST.
BYU Cougars (7-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 166-47 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Utah (1-7, 0-0 Pac 12)
- Head Coach: Larry Krystkowiak (Montana, 1996)
- Career Record: 43-27 (3rd season)
- Record at Utah: 1-7 (1st season)
- BYU leads 127-125
- Last Meeting: BYU won 72-59, 2/12/11
- Provo: 71-47
- Salt Lake: 50-73
- Neutral: 6-5
- Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011 • 12 p.m. MST • Deseret Duel
- Salt Lake City, Utah • Huntsman Center (15,000)
- TV: Fox Sports Net
- TV Talent: Barry Tompkins (play-by-play) and Reggie Theus (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU’s will have a week off before hosting No. 6 Baylor in the Marriott Center on Saturday, Dec. 17, at 12 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 11 a.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv.
- Saturday’s Deseret Duel matchup is the 253rd meeting between BYU and Utah men’s basketball. The Cougars have won 9 of 10 overall and the Deseret Duel team trophy since the Duel began in 2007-08. BYU has claimed the overall trophy thee out of four years.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.4 blocks per game. He is shooting .557 from the field, .417 from three and .816 from the free throw line, has scored in double figures in every game this season and has posted back-to-back double-doubles.
- Against Weber State BYU scored 47 points in each half for a season-best 94 points. The 47 points in the first half were the most scored by the Cougars in a first half this season.
- As of 12/7/11, BYU leads the West Coast Conference in eight categories (scoring offense, scoring margin, 3-Pt FG %, rebounding offense, blocks, assists, defensive rebounds, assist/turnover ratio), is second in the league in three (scoring defense, FG %, 3-PT FG % defense) and third in five (FG % defense, 3-Pt FG made, rebounding margin, steals, turnover margin). BYU is top three in 16 of 21 categories.
- Freshman Nate Austin has caught fire as of late, totaling 35 points on 16 of 21 (.762) shooting the last three games. He had career highs of 15 points and nine boards vs. Weber State.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (166), first in winning percentage (.779) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.